Red Rickshaw Revolution (RRR), a flagship campaign of the Vodafone Foundation, ran for the first time in the March of 2013 synchronizing with the month that hosts the International Women’s Day. It had the Foundation Head travel in an auto-rickshaw, a three wheeler vehicle, across the length of India meeting some extraordinary women who had taken different causes successfully.
The campaign rocked the nation and unsung heroes got their moment of recognition as the media covered the event extensively. The stories of these women were chronicled in a coffee table book Women of Pure Wonder which the Foundation commissioned and then launched among 300 key stakeholders in the country. The women featured in the book joined the launch event adding immense credibility to the initiative.
• RRR1 raised INR 3 crore for 3 NGOs- Breakthrough, CORP India and Apne Aap Women’s Collective- to fund women empowerment projects
• Facebook page achieving more than 18000 Likes and reached 2.6 million people.
• 12.5 million People learned about RRR through the campaign hashtag.
• 60 extra-ordinary were chronicled in Women of Pure Wonder
• The book was retailed through 50 key stores across India and all major online retailers in the country
• Positioned in key hotels, government workplaces, Vodafone offices reaching out to approximately 50,000 people.